Magic Quills (Gaga Flies)
The original and fantastic Magic Quills from Gaga Flies. You can make beautiful '' bodies '' for all kinds of flies. The strips are suitable for both dry flies, nymphs and buzzers. Because it is transparent you can make all the colors you want. You only need permanent markers, tinsels and thread to create the most beautiful 'magic' combinations.
It is a practical material that is easy to process. A perfect substitute for stripped peacock fibers. Magic Quills are transparent, tapered strips with a dark edge. Very nice to quickly reproduce the segmentation of insect bodies.
The 'body' of the fly can be made with colored wire or other body material, then the body is covered by these magic strips and then finished with UV-Resin to increase the sustainability of the fly. You are guaranteed to have a 'magical' result!
Each package contains 20 strips, each 10 cm long. Available in 3 sizes:
Large for hooks
# 8 - # 12
Medium for hooks # 12 - # 16
Small for hooks # 16 - # 22
Why Magic Quills?
There are now quite a few types of imitation / plastic quills on the market, but none is as universally applicable and gives such great results as the Magic Quills from Gaga Flies.
-Magic Quills are tapered. Tapered from 0 mm to 3 mm. You can use exactly that part that suits you best in terms of size and effect. This makes them suitable for flies from sizes 8 to 22.
-Magic Quills are transparent. The color is therefore determined by the tying thread or how you color the underbody. So you don't have to buy all different colors. Be creative on the underbody and create the most fantastic effects. With a white underbody and a set of waterproof markers you can achieve the wildest results. The only limit is your own imagination!
-Magic Quills are stretchy, elastic and self-adhesive, very thin and very strong. Because of this they always fall nicely and flat on all kinds of underbodies and flies in all sizes. They handle super easy.
To finish the fly, you can top it off with regular varnish, Raidzap, Bug Off or Loon UV fly finish. Then they are "bomb-proof" and they remain beautiful.
Gaga Flies Magic Quill SBS Caddis nymph
Material list :
MAGIC QUILLS from Gaga Flies
Hare's Dubbing from GAGA FLIES
White thread from GAGA FLIES
Hooks: HENDS BL 554
UNI MYLAR PEACOCK
Olive partridge feather
1. Tie the lead wire
2. Cover it with Gaga Flies white thread
3. Gaga Flies MAGIC QUILLS - SIZE M
4. Tie a Magic Quill strip at the end of the hook
5. Tie the UNI Mylar Peacock right after the Magic Quill
6. Wrap the UNI Mylar Peacock
7. Wrap the MAGIC QUILL over the UNI Mylar Peacock
8. Wrap Magic Quill till the end
9. Cover with the thin layer UV varnish
10. UV laser to dry the varnish
11. Light the Nylon thread 0.40 with a lighter to make eyes
12. Colour it with the red permanent marker
14. Put the Partridge feather and twist GAGA FLIES Hare's Dubbing
15.Tie twisted dubbing
16. Put the olive partridge feather to imitate legs and side wings
17. Make the Wingcase
18. Tie thread in front of the eyes
19. Tie a little bit of dubbing behind the eyes
20. Pull the partridge back
21. THE END
ENJOY YOUR FLIES :D22